Zen-Chan (AKA Hoppit AKA Bubble Buster) is a monster type that exists in Bubble World. They are the first monster encountered in the very first Bubble Bobble and have been featured in almost every entry since. They are standard enemies, walking about the area, jumping up platforms and trying to walk or jump into the heroes in order to collide and cause death on impact. Zen-Chan's are wind-up, clockwork robots that seem to be kept active by magick. A Zen-Chan sometimes referred to as Bubble Buster is also a character in Puzzle Bobble. There is an armoured variant of the Zen-Chan creature known as Kabu-Chan. Other related species are the Zen-San and Robo-Zen monsters.
- Walking or jumping towards the heroes and colliding with them.
- Bubble Bobble (Arcade, PC, Playstation, Game Gear, Master System, NES etc.)
- Bubble Bobble Part 2 (NES).
- Bubble Bobble Part 2/Bubble Bobble Jr. (Game Boy).
- Bubble Bobble Pocket (Game Boy)
- Bubble Symphony (Arcade, Xbox)
- Bubble Memories (Arcade)
- Rainbow Islands (Arcade PC, Playstation, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, NES etc.)
- Parasol Stars (PC Engine, Game Boy, NES ).
- Bubble Bobble Neo/Bubble Bobble Plus (Wii, Xbox360).
- Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Nintendo Switch, PS4).